Foolish Waffles‘ chef/co-owner Robin Admana: Every now and then my father would make dulce de leche. It was an all-day process, so when he made it, he’d make five or six cans at a time, which never seemed like enough. We’d put it on toast, pancakes and ice cream, but I’d sneak it by the spoonful when no one was looking. Enjoy my father’s dulce de leche!
Robin’s Father’s Dulce de Leche
Servings: as many cans as desired — I always make at least five cans at a time
- cans of sweetened condensed milk
- In a large pot of boiling water, add the cans of sweetened condensed milk (labels removed).
- Place them on their side, and make sure there is enough water so they’re completely submerged. You may need to add water throughout the process.
- Keep the water at a rolling boil for 3 hours.
- Remove from water and cool completely before opening.
- Schmear it on anything, or eat it by the spoonful! Enjoy!