Saint Lucifer Spice’s Ted’s Clams & Linguine
Servings: approximately 2-4
- 1 pound linguine
- 3-5 garlic cloves
- clams, 1 can or approximately 1 dozen large fresh clams
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Black pepper
- Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese
- Cook pasta first so you can use pasta water to create broth.
- In a medium sauce pan/pot, coat the bottom with olive oil.
- On a medium-low heat, saute thinly chopped garlic for approximately 1 to 2 minutes until garlic begins to soften, never letting the garlic burn or turn brown
- Then add 1 can of clams with its liquids to the oil and garlic.
- Turn up heat to medium. Immediately add salted/starched pasta water and chicken stock.
- Add a healthy amount of pepper to simmering broth as well as parsley for a fresh taste and color to the pot and serve atop the pasta.
- Grate fresh lemon zest atop the pasta when complete.
- Finish with plenty of grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese and of course dashes of Saint Lucifer Spice. Enjoy!
NOTE: You can easily substitute canned clams with fresh clams. With this process, keep littleneck clams in the shell, allowing natural juices to incorporate into the sauce. Cook just until clams open. Enjoy!
Visit the recipe section of our website for many more Saint Lucifer-inspired recipes. Enjoy!