Sketch Burger’s Phyllis Farquhar: I really love to make biscuits, and people really seem to enjoy eating them. I’m not a big fan of traditional biscuits myself. So, when I was creating this recipe, I tried to come up with a good cross between a Parker roll and a traditional biscuit. Enjoy making (and eating!) Sketch’s biscuits.
Sketch’s Phillyis Farquhar’s Biscuits
Servings: 20 biscuits
- 10 cups bread flour
- 2 cups butter, shortening or margarine
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 4 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons yeast that has been proofed with a little sugar in 1/4 cup room temperature water
- Blend flour and dry ingredients with margarine until crumbly.
- Make a well in the center, add buttermilk and yeast, and gently combine.
- Turn out on a floured surface and knead briefly.
- Roll out dough 1 1/2 inches thick, and cut into 20 pieces, using a biscuit cutter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Brush with butter.