Bill’s Best BBQ’s Jason Fehon: When it comes to family recipes, we have the ultimate one: Bill’s Best BBQ sauce. But, well, that recipe remains locked in a large vault with ten armed guards in front of it. So you’ll just have to buy a bottle instead. <laughter> I will say this, the best application of our sauce has to be pulled pork. It’s a really simple thing to make, and if you have a slow cooker you can do it and wow your friends with your exceptional culinary skills.
Get some cole slaw and rolls ready, because this is delicious. Enjoy Bill’s Best BBQ pulled pork …
Bill’s Best BBQ’s Jason’s BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich
Note: this recipe requires a slow cooker.
Servings: about 12 sandwiches (depending on how big a sandwich you like)
- 1 large piece pork shoulder
- brine (salt water and spices of your choice)
- 1 diced onion
- 1 bottle Bill’s Best BBQ sauce
- cole slaw (store bought is okay with me)
- Select a good piece of pork shoulder, and let the whole thing sit in a brine overnight in the refrigerator. A good brine will consist of water and various spices. You can find easy brine recipes online that will work.
- In the morning, drain the pork shoulder and put it in the slow cooker, along with some diced onions and salt and pepper. Fill with water so the pork shoulder is just barely submerged. Let it sit on medium for over 12 hours.
- After about 12 hours, the pork will be like butter, falling off the bone. Strain the meat and remove the bone and some fat if you prefer.
- Put the pork back in the slow cooker with a full bottle of Bill’s Best BBQ, and set it on low heat for an hour or so until the sauce is warm.
- Serve with cole slaw on a bun. Delicious!