Lee Porter preferences this recipe to point out that CCM is a website that applauds and honors those who continue to take action in their daily foodie lives despite the ease of our modern food world. In his CCM feature, Lee details how his mom always has chocolate covered strawberries at all of the Porter holidays and celebrations. While Lee’s mom has a million more recipes that would delight CCM readers and cooks presumably much more than this one, Lee promotes this “recipe” so that others might take the simple action and effort to offer more homemade delights, like these easy ones, when hosting guests or simply wanting to make someone smile. Let’s make “chocolate covered memories” together. 🙂
Bobbie Porter’s Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 pint of the largest, reddest, most-fragrant strawberries
- 1 package of chocolate chips (12 oz.)
- Wash strawberries. Dry them on paper towels.
- Melt chocolate chips:
- Microwave (in bowl): approximately 45 seconds, with additional 15 second increments, if necessary, until melted.
- Stove Top (in pot): on low heat, stirring, until melted.
- Line a platter with plastic wrap.
- Holding stem end, dip berries into chocolate.
- Place on plastic-wrap-lined platter and refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
- After 15 minutes in refrigerator, lift off of plastic wrap and place on serving dish. (Can place in mini-muffin paper cups before placing on serving plate.)
Enjoy making your own “chocolate covered memories.” 😉