The Dapper Dog‘s Seth Russell: This is a recipe for our coleslaw, which has actually been a pretty versatile little topping for us. We originally added it to our bacon-wrapped hot dog to create a real backyard BBQ-type hot dog. We continued with this theme by adding BBQ sauce to the dog and then really “beefing” it up by adding baked beans. We have even used our coleslaw as a side dish for some of our larger, classier catering events. Enjoy The Dapper Dog’s Coleslaw!
Servings: approximately 15-20, as toppings for a hot dog; less, if serving as a side dish
- 1/2 large head of green cabbage
- 2 green peppers
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 tablespoons garlic infused olive oil
- Cut cabbage into long thin strands.
- Then simply combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, stir well and let sit in refrigerator for at least half an hour before serving.
- Enjoy our coleslaw as a fresh topping on hot dogs or other sandwiches or as a refreshing side dish.